About The Podcast
This is a podcast to help you in building and sustaining your meditation practice
The podcast was created in 2017 and originally ran for 40 episodes. I created the podcast to give people interested in building and sustaining a meditation practice a resource to work alongside. Now with 2021 here, I am restarting the podcast.
Do any of these sound familiar?
- Have you ever wondered just what meditation is all about?
- Have you ever wanted to start meditating, but struggle to get it going?
- Have you sat once or twice, and then never returned to your cushion (or chair)?
- Struggled to find a direction for your meditation practice?
- Wondered how you can fit a meditation practice into a busy life?
If so, this podcast might be for you…
This podcast offers support,
- for those who want to start a meditation practice,
- for those who are struggling to keep a meditation practice going,
- or those who have a practice but are feeling isolated and missing the support of a community.
What to expect
The structure is very simple. My aim is to offer straightforward and gradual instruction, each episode building on the last and where relevant relating it to everyday experiences. For instance, a construction site outside my window during the recording of Episode #3 caused me to explore the subject of the “ideal meditation space” in a world of noise and distractions.
Each episode will start with a discussion about an aspect of meditation. Following this, I will then ring a bell and we will sit and meditate together. This can work in a couple of ways:
- From Episode 3 until Episode 40 there are a couple of minutes of silence between the starting and ending bell. You can choose to sit for that time and then listen to the concluding words, or
- After I have rung the initial bell, press pause on your computer/podcast app, and then sit for 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes, whatever you are comfortable with. When you have finished sitting, press play again to listen to the concluding words following the second bell.
- From Episode 41 onwards I include a short guided meditation.
The podcasts for the most part are between 15 and 20 minutes in length.
From Episode 27 through to Episode 40 you will hear me occasionally mention a Facebook group that I set up as a further support and companion to the podcast. That no longer exists as I chose to leave Facebook.